Bio-Rad is looking for a Cost Accountant.
- Product costing mainly Hercules and other locations as required.
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 Approvals.
- Assists in the preparation of analysis of manufacturing performance for the site.
- Provides support to the cost accounting manager in translating cost data into useful information.
- Assists the cost accounting manager to review costing data for multiple locations.
- Assists the annual Standard Cost.
- Business partner with Manufacturing Management to collect and report cost data and reporting metrics at the plant level.
- Conducts research and performs analysis on manufacturing and purchase price variances.
- Partners with business to understand key manufacturing projects and how they impact costs and operations.
- Performs other month end close and reporting duties.
- WIP aging analysis.
- Works with Engineering to review BOM and Router changes.
- Scrap reviews with QA.
- Supports the Direct Fixed Labor, Setup and Direct Labor Variable correction project.
- Material Burden Calculation for NorCal.
- Coordinates with the North America cost accounting team to implement best practice.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Ability to effectively communicate at various organizational levels.
- 2-5 years’ experience in cost accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP experience is a must.
- Ability to work in cross-functional and remote teams.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of GAAP and sound understanding of financial statement mechanics.
- Multi-Tasking: Able to work on multiple priorities at the same time.
- Works effectively cross functionally within the organization.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.