Combine your financial expertise with our industry connections and you'll have yourself an advantage over your competition! Our client has an immediate opportunity for a skilled Cost Accountant. At Vaco, we advocate for you by connecting your work experience to the open job. We will promote your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the market-keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. If you're an experienced Cost Accountant, and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Cost Accountant, you will be responsible for all cost accounting activities. This involves preparing and analyzing financial information as well as performing collection duties. You will be accountable for ensuring that all financial deadlines are met.
- Maintain accurate standard costing and related activities within multiple product lines and locations
- Establish and maintain accurate MS Excel based pricing models
- Analyze cost variances including materials, direct labor and overhead
- Perform monthly/yearly closing activities including inventory reconciliations, COGS account analysis, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Review batch materials issues and ensure timely batch close
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting pricing and profitability
- Overall supply position reporting including identifying excess, under/over ordered and expiration risk
- Oversee cycle count program and fiscal year-end count activities
- Assist in analysis of fixed vs variable costs company-wide
- Review purchases and receipts of inventory for proper cut-off
- Support the Accounting team with daily, monthly, quarterly and annual GL close processes and year-end audit as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of ERP systems - SAP a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Excel skill required (sumif, vlookups, pivotable, parse)
- Proven experience in driving process improvement
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive in communicating issues and ability to deal with challenges