Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Cost Accountant--SLC in their Salt Lake City, Utah manufacturing facility.
Under the direction of the Plant Controller, applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes daily production
- Maintains parts files; creates new bill of material and updates finished good parts file. Updates costs as needed.
- Analyzes, and accounts all variances, which affect the plant
- Prepares daily or weekly reports of variances, which enable plant management to “manage” the plant
- Analyzes outside warehouse inventory levels
- Maintains standards. Helps control and maintain part and labor standards. Established costs and inputs bill of material.
- Assist with budget process
- Serves as back-up for Accounts Payable
- Balance sheet account reconciliation
- Processes timekeeping records for payroll
- Assists Plant Controller with Government reports, taxes, insurance, capital requests and other special projects
- Provides direct supervision to subordinates, including making hiring/firing decisions, providing training and development opportunities, and conducting performance reviews and coaching sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for reporting daily inventory Key Performance Indicators
- Perform analytical review of financial results and understand factors driving variance
- Is responsible for all inventory transactions at the plant.
- Daily verification of production postings to insure proper inventory is reported.
- To research any discrepancies in regards to lot locations.
- To ensure that inventory is correct at all times.
- To track low code products and notify management of low code items.
- Conduct physical inventory when the required monthly inventories are required by corporate.
- Keep Plant Controller, Logistics Manager and Plant Manager informed of any inventory issues.
- Analyzes outside warehouse inventory levels.
- Analyzes all inventory variances and reports them to plant management.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance Required
- 1 -3 years related experience preferred; Prior Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Computer literate with a strong background in MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Proficiency in MS Excel to include pivot tables, vlook ups, etc. is required. SAP experience is a plus, not required.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Using mathematics to solve problems
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com.
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion. #LI-NORAM