Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity in the Finance group. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for leveraging strong accounting and compliance backgrounds to explore historical financial data, predict future results and drive process and policy improvements
- Develop cost standards for materials and labor in a manufacturing environment
- Update standard costs and yearly cost rolls
- Support bill of materials/recipe configuration from a costing perspective
- Review standard costs vs actual costs for inaccuracies and report variance
- Work with warehouse and site controller to review and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Coordinate and support periodic cycle counts and yearly physical inventory exercise
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Responsible for partnering with the Supply Chain Materials team for inventory forecasting
- Monitor, support and report capital project spending
- Responsible for the fixed asset register accuracy
- Partner with Facilities Engineering group to forecast depreciation
- Conduct quarterly and yearly fixed asset register audit
- Drives & Supports Lonza Houston, Inc’s month end close process as it relates to inventory
- Assists with the development of budgeting and forecasting
- Actively drives collaboration with business partners
- Bachelor's Degree in related field: Finance & Accounting
- SAP experience a must, Advanced Level
- Advanced Excel skills
- The employee is living the cultural beliefs with the flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities.
- Bio/Pharma Preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.