1. Manages month-end manufacturing and cost/financial accounting close, ensuring the production of accurate and timely profit and lost (P&L) and balance sheets.
2. Prepares month-end management information reports and presentations, including analysis and graphs for all key manufacturing performance indicators.
3. Maintains cost accounting system, standards, data bases and files; monitors and controls additions and modifications to standards and costing system; develops annual detail standard costs.
4. Actively manages inventory to reduce obsolescence, losses and excess inventory holding.
5. Ensures inventory accuracy and valuation through accurate standard costs, bills of materials and routings and participation in periodic cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
6. Ensures fixed asset registers are maintained and manages the annual fixed asset audit.
7. Prepares sales and margin analysis; investigates adverse margins.
8. Provides appropriate support for pricing, purchasing and other commercial decisions.
9. Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
10. Initiates and participates in cost improvement programs and provides support to plant efficiency programs, including lean and six sigma projects.
11. Analyzes manufacturing operations and equipment availability, utilization and performance and recommends improvements.
12. Manages the annual budgeting process and reporting to agreed timelines and ensure budgetary controls in place and appropriate tracking mechanisms for target improvement areas.
13. Develops the financial processes at the plant to optimize efficiency and ensure accurate reporting and effective internal controls in place.
14. Manages and develops facility accounting staff and ensure adequate training and cross cover in place.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.