At Intersect ENT, we strive to make localized drug delivery the standard of care in the ear, nose, and throat space. In order to meet that goal, we hire people who like to challenge the status quo, collaborate cross-functionally, and pursue excellence.
Do you embody this spirit of innovation? Are you ready to join our team?
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Cost Accounting Manager ensures that costs for the company’s products and services are allocated according to corporate procedures and in compliance with financial accounting standards. This individual will oversee the cost control system, manage and review standard costs for accuracy, and prepare / analyze GM, variances, and inventory reports. This role also supports the Manufacturing, R&D, Quality, Regulatory, and Clinical departments in budgeting, forecasting, vendor contract financial terms, and accounting.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop cost standards for materials, labor, and overhead.
- Analyze production costs and variances and make recommendations.
- Oversee and prepare Inventory Reserve requirements.
- Oversee and perform month end cost accounting close.
- Business partner with Operations and Supply Chain to develop KPIs and transparencies.
- Business support to Clinical, Quality, Regulatory, and R&D departments.
- Identify and drive process improvements.
- Oversee cycle count and annual physical inventory.
- Support budgeting, forecasting, contracting, and accounting processes.
- Participation in ERP enhancement and acquisition / new product integration projects.
- Ad hoc requests and support.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related fields required; MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Biotech/Medical Device and public company experience a plus.
- Experience working with ERP in a Standard Cost environment.
- QAD experience preferred (not required).
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present financial information in a meaningful understandable way.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and collaboratively and strong organizational skills are essential.
- Detail oriented, ability to prioritize duties within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and related tools.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of organization, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Ability to accommodate schedule to work off hours to support international discussions, close operations, and project efforts.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality of all personal and financial information.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, VISUAL ACUITY, AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical Activity - Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Physical Requirements - Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Visual Acuity - The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Working Conditions - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Intersect ENT (NASDAQ: XENT) is a medical technology company dedicated to advancing the treatment of ear, nose, and throat (ENT) conditions through evidence-based innovation. We provide treatments for people with chronic sinusitis, an inflammatory sinus condition that has been shown to substantially reduce quality of life. Sinusitis is one of the most common conditions in the United States.
Intersect ENT is an equal opportunity employer that strives to interview, hire and promote a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disabilities, veteran status, or sexual orientation.