Headquartered in Southern Oregon, F.D. Thomas, Inc. ("FDT") was founded in 1979 and is one of the nation's largest specialty services contractors. FDT performs commercial and industrial painting, waterproofing, roofing, infrastructure restoration and other specialty services. FDT has offices across the West Coast and provides expert service for major industrial facilities, commercial building owners, government agencies and entertainment/sports complexes. Since inception, the management and workforce of FDT have embraced the company's value equation of Great People Great Work = Extraordinary Company, in the process earning a reputation as a value-added service provider.
This position is located in Waynesboro GA, in Burke County Georgia
Project Cost Analyst/Scheduler --- This role is critical team member and serves to ensure the efficient and profitable operation and results of large projects. The Project Costs Analyst will assess project's cash flow and provides cost analysis results to assist management in decision making or other financial initiatives. Researches and evaluates full scope of costs associated with large project's various areas of direct and support costs. The Cost Analyst will report to the area Division Manager and will provide specific data to the company's finance department. This role communicates with various levels of the organization from field to corporate offices.
- Interprets engineering and construction contracts and implement methodologies by which to monitor and control such contracts
- Uses value-method procurement
- Perform cost-benefit analyses and recommend process improvements and unit changes to reduce costs
- Perform variance analysis between actual and standard costs to assist management in decision making or other financial initiatives
- May provide productivity analysis
- Creates project schedules and interprets project schedules to effectively forecast project costs
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports on inventory valuation, production, and various other costs
- Maintain pricing and inventory system data quality.
- Periodic reviews and updating of key program documents, such as the Program Management Plan (PMP), Design Manual, etc.
- Analyze actual compared to standard costs; ongoing expenses; identifies opportunities and risks.
- Assist in developing annual operations plan and estimating new product costs, including economic analysis.
- Participates in budget management; may maintain log of project budget changes
Key Knowledge, Skills, Ability and Eduction:
- Background and/or education in engineering, construction management, business accounting, financial analytics, or related field is most helpful
- 3 years' experience as a cost analyst, with experience in other financial departments
- Prefer extensive experience in project controls programs for large-scale construction projects
- Advanced to expert level of Microsoft Excel and MS-Suite
- Experience in project management preferred
- Professional level writing ability with command of the English language
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, and successfully produce executive presentations
- Must be well organized, with demonstrable skills and knowledge related to the implementation of project controls methodologies on large-scale construction projects
Travel is less than 20%
Background Screening is required.
Why You Will Enjoy Working with Us:
- ASRC Industrial builds thriving service organizations that greatly respect the commitment and values of their people.
- We provide the scale and opportunity of a national organization, but with true local, tangible presence that allows our people to work closely with our customers, getting involved in their systems and solving problems when they happen all while building long-term relationships.
- Every person on our team understands the urgency of business and the distinct ways our customers work. They are not just partners, but an integral part of our customers' businesses. This is a mindset and a way of working ownership in action.
- ASRC Industrial is a purpose driven company that is inspired to do more every day, driving ever-higher levels of performance and opportunity.
We believe strength comes from diversity in people and companies. And that is why we have intentionally built an organization of distinct services, opinions, approaches and experiences. And we continue to add some of the most successful and enterprising industrial service and consulting organizations in the nation to our family of companies - strong, independent, setting the standards for service and quality in their industries and regions.
You can be a part of building enduring businesses if you come to work at ASRC Industrial.
About ASRC Industrial Services (AIS):
Headquartered in Concord, CA, AIS provides industrial construction, environmental engineering, and remediation services to customers throughout the United States via its subsidiary businesses. AIS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC), a Native Alaskan corporation with annual revenue of approximately $2.6 billion. Our association with ASRC permits us to perform large, highly complex projects, as well as to invest in systems and processes that improve cost effectiveness and enhance safety and quality.
- F.D. Thomas, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC), an Alaska Native corporation. Through ASRC, we are a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).
"F.D. Thomas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
AIS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC), an Alaska Native corporation. Through ASRC, we are a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).