Job Description: Cost Control Specialist
Location: Greater Dallas Area
The Cost Control Specialist will support the training, tracking, updating and monitoring of cost control, and developing tools for the company and projects. Additional responsibilities are focused on a variety of secondary projects and cost controls tasks.
- Understand and apply estimating, engineering, procurement, construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
- Understand quantity takeoffs per the specific scope of work.
- Understand worksheets that converts all takeoff into desired unit.
- Understand spreadsheets for tracking work and materials.
- Understand production reports and production logs.
- Provide trainings related to cost control.
- Understand cost forecasts/budgets in sync with fast paced project scope and schedule changes.
- Analyze, evaluate, and forecast current status against an established budget.
- Analyze labor and Equipment Reports based on the type of work.
- Assist with the development and management of the cost control systems to provide project and company management withaccurate financial information.
- Facilitates the development of budgets,interfacing with Procurement, Engineering, and FinanceDepartments as needed.
- Perform some independent analysis of data stored in the project management and cost control systems.
- Assess the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages.
- Understand reports to all levels of project and Company management as well as to the Client.
- Provide assessment with corrective action recommendations to management.
- Perform other functions associated with this position as appropriate.
- Identify potential Risk/Opportunities in ongoing projects.
- Identify and support project claims Meeting with project teams, analyzing and compiling data for the claims.
- Create presentations using graphs, diagrams, and other exhibits to illustrate cost status.
- Create databases for future references for bids and production reports.
- 4-year degree in Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in civil.
- 2-year field experience in heavy civil project.
- Proficient PC skills including proficiency in various Project Controls software and Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills.
- Must have organizational and time management skills
- Communication and Relationship building skills.
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.