Cost Transformation & Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Leader
Beech Island, SC
Summary of Position:
Lead the development, deployment, strategy, projects and teaching of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) mindset, philosophy and tools across the manufacturing site. This role will provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise to drive variability reduction, sustain process optimization and value delivery through the use of continuous improvement tools and Lean Six Sigma structured problem-solving methodology.
The incumbent reports to the site Continuous Improvement and Capabilities Manager. The position is responsible for engaging team members across the manufacturing site to drive continuous improvement through focused problem solving of complex problems. Additional scope includes providing cost savings/optimization program development for the manufacturing site that proactively supports business strategies and teaching, coaching and mentoring other team members in Lean Six Sigma thinking and tools. Actively pursues and supports standard solutions across the site and within the KCNA Supply Chain.
Internal to Mill: Mill Management, Operations, Maintenance and Site Engineering Teams
Internal to Region: KCNA Supply Chain Management, other LSS leaders across KCNA and the Global Supply Chain team.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Support and Champion Environmental, Health and Safety in your manufacturing site by driving educational and behavioral processes to a world class level, through the application of LSS thinking, processes and tools.
- Support loss control throughout the organization by reinforcing safety systems that demonstrate safety as a value.
- Fully comply with site and corporate loss management policies.
- Ensure 5-year cost transformation strategy protects product quality.
- Provide technical insight for improvement initiatives for process capability, precision maintenance work execution and minimizing Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ).
- Provide technical expertise and Lean Six Sigma tools to align equipment, products, processes, materials, systems, and procedures to achieve business objectives.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Build 5-year cost transformation plan that enables delivery and implementation of processes to launch new product innovation and lead high impact projects to continue to embed the continuous improvement mindset with engineers.
- Lead the continuous growth and application of Lean Six Sigma methodology across the site.
- Conceive, develop, validate, and share ideas leading to new or improved processes and systems to realize objectives.
- Assist teams and leadership within the plants to select, prioritize, and charter Lean Six Sigma projects.
- Encourage and mentor resources trained in Lean Six Sigma methods to continue to apply methods.
- Mentor belting candidates as Lean Six Sigma methods are applied with their assigned projects.
- Identify and eliminate sources of variation and waste using Lean Six Sigma structured problem-solving methodology.
- Teach team members and build capabilities in Lean Six Sigma structured problem-solving methodology
- Develop and maintain the ECS playbooks.
- Develop and implement the ECS monitoring process with visual management.
- Drive technical strategy across multiple assets/mills to deliver large scale change.
- Share ideas and partner with regional and global Lean Six Sigma leaders to influence Lean Six Sigma deployment across K-C.
- Analyze expected improvements and routinely report project status or results to the management team using standardized metrics.
- Coordinate cross-departmental projects to implement changes for improved performance.
- When needed, perform analyses such as process and/or value stream mapping, root-cause, risk, and requirements data gathering.
- Ensure projects/tasks meet objectives within applicable corporate policies.
- Place emphasis on CFI’s and Internal Control.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Position typically requires a bachelor’s or advanced degree in engineering or relevant scientific discipline and 7 – 10 years of related experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a high-speed industrial manufacturing environment/plant experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Lean and/or Six Sigma environment.
- The incumbent would typically have significant experience in several of the following: Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations, Lean Manufacturing, and Maintenance.
- Leadership experience including a demonstrated ability to coach and mentor at all levels of the organization to influence and drive collaboration across teams, functions and KCNA with minimal supervision.
- Experience in a variety of mill and staff assignments is desired along with a familiarity with other related disciplines and business functions to enable a system-wide view.
- Strong understanding of the value and application of Lean Six Sigma.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification or ability and expectation to achieve Black Belt Certification desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Minitab and/or JMP to analyze data is highly desired.
- Direct Reports: None
- Indirect Reports: Engineers, Project teams, Department managers
- Operating Budget: Influence business value of $2B finished product
- Support for: 1200 KC Employees; 800-1000 Contractors
- Coordinate cross-sector projects (Family Care and Personal Care) to implement changes for improved performance
- Normal scheduled hours will vary based on the need to support a 24/7 Manufacturing and Distribution Operation.
- Flexibility to travel up to 20% for benchmarking and best practice sharing across KCNA.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.