Accelerate your career by joining Okta as a member of our Commercial Legal Team! The Counsel, Partner and Channel Sales will play a key role on Okta’s quickly growing legal team, in support of our Sales and Partner/Channel Partner organizations. You’ll provide strong legal guidance, structure deals, draft and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Assist with the negotiating and drafting of:
- all manner of partner related agreements including distribution, reseller, professional services, referral, MSP, strategic alliance and other types of partner agreements worldwide.
- strategic agreements with Global System Integrators.
- documentation needed to support channel sales and operations worldwide, including order forms, letters and partner program materials.
- Provide direct support to channel sales and leadership, both domestically and internationally.
- Provide direct support to senior legal staff supporting channel sales.
- Work directly with business executives and key business stakeholders as a strategic adviser and tactical influencer to provide business-minded legal advice and guidance on a broad range of complex legal, business and strategic issues as they arise.
- Collaborate with Partner Success team on prospective partner selection criteria, due diligence and contracting.
- Partner with revenue recognition, security, sales operations, technology operations, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal Okta policies and processes.
- Build critical relationships with both legal colleagues and key stakeholders to effectively provide practical legal and strategic advice to assist the business in meeting its objectives.
- Drive and contribute to a variety of ad-hoc projects across the department supporting business, legal, and strategic corporate initiatives.
- Champion Okta’s core values.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of relevant experience negotiating and drafting enterprise-level cloud agreements, technology licenses, and professional services agreements; 2+ years of in-house experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience supporting a channel sales team.
- Direct experience and knowledge of the SaaS business model, enterprise cloud computing, and related data privacy and security matters.
- Detail-oriented with excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Sound and practical business judgment; strong problem solver and is self-motivated.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ambitious go-getter willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented and with a sense of humor.
- Knowledge of intellectual property issues.
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school, bar admission.
- Familiarity with anti-competition, distribution, agency and compliance laws applicable to third party channel partners.
- Familiarity with revenue recognition issues and experience working with revenue and sales operations teams.
- Experience contracting with and supporting international partners in APAC, EMEA and LATAM preferred.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.