The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Division provides a variety of individual services to persons with disabilities in preparation for their employment in the competitive labor market and to employers seeking to retain valuable employees with disabilities or hire qualified individuals for their workforce.
We are currently seeking Counselor Assistants throughout the state of Georgia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides array of client services as identified by the Certified Rehab Counselor and Rehab Unit Manager.
- Interviews referrals, completes VR applications, and obtain documentation of disabilities at designated sites according to agency guidelines as requested.
- In consultation with Counselor, makes job site and home visits for observationand facilitation of client services.
- Provide job readiness, assessment, and training based on the assessed client needs.
- Provides job lead training based on assessed client needs
- Coordinate and Facilitates OASIS/Job Club Workshops.
- Utilizes a variety of software applications in the development or design of documents and visual aids to meet agency needs. Backs up data files according to proper format.
- Provides back up support to the VR Office Assistant or other VR Counselor assistants as needed.
High school diploma or GED and one year of experience providing educational, social or direct care services to persons with diagnosed special needs or other populations OR Associates degree in business management or behavioral sciences and one year of related experience.
- Two years’ experience in human services delivery, which includes direct client interaction, arranging services and coordinating support activities including conducting job clubs, conducting assessments, and assisting with job fairs.
- Experience training on process and/or presenting training materials
- Advanced level experience utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail and team oriented
- High level of customer service skills
As a condition of employment with Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency, you must successfully complete a mandatory federal and national background check, Pre-employment testing, and additional checks required for your job.