Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Clinician for our Bloomington, IL facility.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Conduct diagnostic and assessment evaluations with clients and their families; write bio-psychosocial reports to address diagnosis and patient placement criteria with guidance and oversight as required.
- Plan and implement treatment for clients with guidance and oversight as required.
- Conduct admissions and discharges.
- Develop Master Treatment Plans (MTP) and determine continuing care plans with guidance and oversight as required.
- Provide individual, family and group counseling and rehabilitation services to client and their families (all levels, including advanced or specialized therapy skills). Clinical functions determined by individual training, experience and assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Facilitate skills and educational groups as required by the program.
- Maintain records of client and all services provided within assigned program.
- Maintain regular contact with each client’s collaterals (such as probation, family, psychiatrist).
- Provide court testimony when requested.
- Attend and participate in all program and staff meetings as assigned.
- Participate in program and staff development activities.
- Maintain a minimum of 65% productivity.
- Supervise interns and assist in the orientation of new clinicians.
- Recognized by the Program and Clinical Directors as a peer leader to informally advise staff (clinical mentor) and provide clinical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Demonstrate project management capability or leadership potential.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Master’s degree with mental health experience and obtain Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor certification (CADC) within two (2) years' of hire; in good standing with the State of Illinois.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable (when applicable).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled