TITLE: Elementary/Secondary School Guidance Counselor
- Masters degree
- Counseling/clinical experience or their equivalent.
- Knowledge of current guidance/counseling practices and techniques as they apply to the elementary student.
- Broad knowledge of developmental and educational psychology and their application to the elementary child.
REPORTS TO: Principal, Director of Elementary/Secondary Education
JOB GOAL: To help children overcome problems that impedes learning and help them to adjust socially.
- Devises and implements a plan for identifying children with guidance/counseling needs.
- Provides crisis intervention for severely disturbed children.
- Plans and implements a program of preventive guidance/counseling in the elementary school.
- Serves as a referral agency for identified exceptional children who need specialized help.
- Serves as liaison between parents, children and school personnel.
- Plans and implements in-service activities for the school staff relating to elementary guidance and counseling.
- Serves as elementary consultant to other professionals regarding guidance and counseling matters.
- Maintains student records as appropriate.
- Advises administrators and faculty on the matters of student discipline.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- To ensure continuity of services, remote work may be necessary in the event of a health crisis or disruptive situation that requires the closing of school and/or office buildings. An employee’s eligibility for remote work will be determined by the superintendent of schools. Expectations and guidelines for remote work will be distributed by the employee’s supervisor, based on his/her role and responsibilities.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Temporary Contract - Nine month year. Salary to be established by the Board of
Education. Funded by CARES Act.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually.
Reviewed and agreed to by__________________________________ Date:_________________
Page 2 of 2
Putnam City Schools District I-1, Oklahoma