We're hiring now for a Child Care Counselor
We are dedicated to healing children and young adults, strengthening families, and transforming communities through quality comprehensive services and advocacy.
Do you love working with children?
Are you ready to start your rewarding career today?
- Oversee and protect children individually and in groups at all times and be involved in the social skills training of each resident
- Help children acquire socially acceptable habits of behavior, appearance and develop improved personal relationships, and help each child relate to the group and to handle individual problems
- Use appropriate authority and discipline as necessary to set limits for behavior and encourage each child to develop their own capacity for self-control
- Participate as a unit team member in the development of individual child care plans directed toward return of the child to their own home or other appropriate placement
- Show good judgment and ability to get along with other staff members
- Organize and join group discussions, conversation during meals, recreation and art and music appreciation
- Structure and assist in various daily living skills which foster independent functioning
- Organize, facilitate and participate in various leisure time activities through cultivation of personal interests and join with the children and adolescents in normal leisure activities
- Able to drive for prolonged periods of time, stretch, reach, push, pull, bend, carry, lift, run, and walk
Your Skills and Abilities required to perform the essential job functions:
Effectively present information, respond to questions from clients, office personnel, other employees and the general public, and read, analyze and interpret manuals and office documents
Define problems, capture, transcribe and post data, analyze, synthesize and classify information, and draw valid conclusions
Work independently and with others – including other employees, clients and members of the public -- in face-to-face and telephonic contexts
You multi-task, adapt to changing work demands, establish priorities and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
Talk or hear in order to give and receive information and instructions, can stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms
Equipment and Computer Software Skills:
You are computer-literate (basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) and data/electronic records program currently in use
You are able to use telephone, typewriter, office copier, calculator, fax machine, computer printer and scanner, or other equipment as required
Your Education, Experience& Certificates
- You have obtained a Bachelors degree (preferred)
- We prefer a minimum of 1 year experience working with SED children and/or other experience with children in a related capacity
- You have a valid California drivers license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to our insurance carrier
Our Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance with a $10 premium per paycheck
- Dental insurance covered for HMO employee 100%
- Life and AD&D insurance covered up to two times the annual salary for our employees
- Long-term disability 100% employer paid
- Flexible Spending Account with $500 roll-over limit
- 401k- no wait period, 5% employer match and no vesting schedule
- Paid Time Off- accrue up to 22 paid days in a year
- 12 paid holidays every year
- You can earn BBS CEUs
- Employee Assistance Program
You have the opportunity and responsibility to participate in one or more activities each year that support the continuous quality improvement of our programs & services.
You may perform tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Our staff are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccinations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Does this sound like the career for you? What are you waiting for? Apply now.
Mental Health / Behavioral Counselor