The Counselor Tech is responsible for providing medical and counseling support to Powell CDC patients. They also assist in the provision of medication management, patient recovery and recreational support. Consistently utilizes a holistic approach (considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, education, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area.
- Performs and documents direct care given to patients in conformance with treatment plan and physician orders
- Communicates effectively on patient care issues including shift report and patient record documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of chemical dependency and of Powell CDC and referral sources.
- Assumes primary care of assigned patients during assigned shifts. Checks and records vital signs of assigned patients
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Must be high school graduate or equivalent. Has completed CNA or CMA training program. In some instances, appropriate experience may substitute for education when approved by the Director of Behavioral Health.
One year of experience in the chemical dependency field/behavioral health services. Experience appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Must be able to follow instructions explicitly.
· Demonstrates the ability to consistently meet the department work schedules.
· Must be able to move quickly and frequently from 1st floor Residential unit to 4th floor outpatient services area or 3rd Floor Detox Unit. Light lifting may be involved.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.