La Cheim Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS) offers an opportunity to make a significant difference in young lives, while earning Board of Behavioral Sciences hours toward MFT licensure practicum experience within a supportive work environment. We provide quality supervision and training, which include presentations by experts in the field. We are approved practicum sites for Holy Names University, JFK University, and University of Phoenix.
*Summary of Position*
La Cheim TBS is an effective program which provides one-on-one counseling for emotionally-disturbed children and adolescents at risk of losing their current living situation with a parent/caregiver due to behavioral problems. We facilitate behavioral change through creative use of cognitive-behavioral interventions, social learning model, Nurtured Heart Approach with the collaboration of the client, parent/caregiver, and a multi-disciplinary team of professionals. We provide service throughout Contra Costa County within the client's home, school, group home, and/or in the community as needed.
· Bachelor's degree in counseling psychology, social work, or a related field.
· MFT interns and practicum students are strongly encouraged to apply. Supervision for BBS hours are available.
· 1 yr experience working with children or youth in a mental health setting.
· Experience with client assessment, treatment planning, and case management.
· Knowledge of cognitive-behavioral interventions.
· Bi-Lingual (Spanish) preferred.
· Possess the ability to work with children that have serious unmanageable behavior.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
· Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Flexible schedule to work evenings and some weekend hours, if necessary.
· Prepare all required progress notes and reports in a timely manner.
· Reliable transportation with insurance and a good driving record.
· Participation in group supervision.
Practicum Interns $15.00 per hour / Counselors start $17.00 and $18.00 after 6 months at La Cheim.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Employment Type: Part Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 18.00 Hourly