Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Marquee Service experience for every guest.
- Responsible for fostering a fun environment.
- Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers.
- Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events.
- Ensure interactions with internal and external guests follow the guidelines of the ACES Service Program.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of company internal control system and departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare carts for each day’s drop with Bill Validator (BV) cans.
- Open/close Video Lottery Terminal (VLT) doors.
- Remove/replace BV cans in VLT machines.
- Ensure efficient use of currency counting equipment and ensure that daily maintenance requirements are completed.
- Use docking station to clear BV cans for use again.
- Count large quantities of currency and reconciling all associated paperwork.
- Uphold a team work experience by offering assistance when available or when requested.
- Identify problems, make recommendations, and participate in improvement as appropriate.
- Communicate information to Supervisor, as appropriate, and provide detailed documentation for departmental procedures and update.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have outgoing, energetic, and enthusiastic attitude.
- Must enjoy hosting others.
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests.
- A minimum of one year of cashiering and experience and/or money handling .
- Able to promptly and accurately follow instructions given by Supervisor or Manager.
- Must qualify for licensing by Ohio Lottery Commission.
- Must be able to navigate multiple computer programs.
- Must be able to pass background check and credit check.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and air quality.
- Must have open availability including all three shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of America money and weight measurement, volume and distance. Possess ability to operate an adding machine and have basic computer skills.
Reasoning Ability: Be able to make quick, reasonable decisions regarding patron, and Team Member interactions.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state, and local regulations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, push, pull, carry, reach, bend, twist and talk or hear when performing job duties in varying work areas. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Team Members must be drug and nicotine free.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
- All Team Members at Hollywood are under surveillance (and audio surveillance in limited areas). Performance may be observed and recorded.
- Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second-hand tobacco smoke.
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.