IT’S ALL ABOUT THE FUN
At Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack, fun is what we do. It’s the experience we deliver to our guests and an environment in which we work and thrive.
“Creating special experiences one guest at a time” is our Service Promise. We always choose to treat each guest interaction as an opportunity. We make it fun and special for them while they are visiting us so that they will share their experience with friends and family and want to return soon.
We extend the same level of service and professionalism to our internal guests as well – our Associates. We are always ready to add friendly, dedicated and motivated individuals to our growing team.The Opportunity
Amazing Oppurtunity with Competitive Pay
PT 6 am- 2 pm, two days a week. Work days will include Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, or Sundays.
Count Team Supervisor
Team leader for daily count room activity
- Follow all New York State Gaming Commission regulations, Finger Lakes Internal Controls and Finger Lakes Operating Procedures.
- Supervise all activity in count room.
- Create and distribute team schedules.
- Operate cash counting machines.
- Work with cash counting machine vending or/technician to facilitate all repairs.
- Reconcile daily cash to central system reports.
- Comply with count room security and surveillance protocols.
- Perform manual cash counts and prepare cash for transfer to main banker.
- Train current and new associates on proper procedures and regulations.
- Maintain a safe, clean work environment.
- Treat each guest/associate in a professional manner.
- Lead by example in guest service and interaction with associates.
- Use active listening skills to control difficult situations and maintain goodwill.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/ GED/TASC required
- Must be able to be licensed by NYS Gaming Commission
- One year supervisory experience required
- Good written and verbal skills required
- Cash handling experience required, preferably in a teller or vault position
- Basic mathematics skills required
- Intermediate computer skills required, excel experience preferred
- Requires frequent lifting, bending and pushing
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds frequently
- Must be able to move full drop carts weighing 200+ pounds
- Must be able to stand for entire shift
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.