SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
This position acts as primary point of contact for NAPA’s retail and wholesale customers. A person in this position is responsible for ensuring sales by determining customer need, assisting in securing necessary parts, maintaining personal and store image, and ensuring customer receives a good experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Position may include additional functions not listed.)*
- Establish and maintain good relations with NAPA customers.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude, conduct and appearance.
- Implement appropriate sales practices such as greeting customers, demonstrating product knowledge, and ability to quickly understand customer’s needs.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by serving all customers, securing right part, and resolving customer issues.
- Maintain point of sale computer abilities by learning and applying how to use catalog and system, practicing asset security/loss prevention controls, and understanding store’s pricing methods.
- Provide sales support functions by processing salespersons’ stock orders, reporting overages/shortages/damaged merchandise, and ensuring good appearance of store and displays.
- Maintain accurate invoicing, transaction records and matching proper parts with customer needs.
- Assist in receiving/stocking incoming merchandise, deliveries, and inventory or promotions as required.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the store retail area.
- Perform other assignments and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License required. Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet driving requirements set by Dyna Parts.
- Previous retail sales experience preferred.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, preferred.
- Capable of operating TAMS point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Ability to process cash, check, and credit card transactions.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and aurally) and remembering their sequence.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability to multi-task and is self-motivated.
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment using moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Ability to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively.
*The functions described herein are not the only responsibilities and tasks to be performed by the individual occupying this position. The individual will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by his/her supervisor or manager. Requirements stated herein are minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the responsibilities of this position successfully, the individual will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. “Ability” means to possess and apply both knowledge and skill.
This job description includes the essential functions of the job that an incumbent must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The Company maintains “at will” employment. This job description is subject to review, and may be revised or updated at management’s discretion.