BUILD YOUR FUTURE AS WE BUILD OURS!
Universal Supply seeks a Counter Sales Associate to join our Gloucester NJ team!
Founded in 1965, Universal Supply is a trusted resource for the professional home builder, re-modeler, and consumer of quality building supplies and services throughout New Jersey, southeastern Pennsylvania, northern Delaware, eastern Maryland, and central Connecticut.
While products are important, our success is due to our greatest asset, our people. Universal Supply�s team of dedicated professionals has expert knowledge of our products and our industry. This knowledge sets us apart and enables us to provide consistent, unsurpassed customer service. With relationships being the backbone of Universal Supply, we are excited to partner with our customers and focus on their success.
We recognize and appreciate the important role and contributions all our associates make to our daily business operations. To continue the commitment in servicing our customers and as we continue to grow, we are seeking an experienced, engaging building materials Counter Sales Associate with drive and initiative to help the continued growth of our Gloucester, NJ team.
Things you should know about working at Universal Supply:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary
- We support each other and we work hard
- We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Assist customers and contractors by providing quotes and product dimension information, both in person and over the phone
- Establish sales relationships with targeted, key builder accounts and work in conjunction with Outside Sales Reps to grow builder account sales and assist walk-in customers as required
- Handle special orders and advanced pricing
- Obtain information on pricing specifications, uses and availability
- Code and input customer orders, pricing information and additional data into the computer system
- Create accurate and complete invoices, work orders, and sales tickets
- Maintain steady and reliable attendance
- Take pride on appearance of the showroom by performing regular housekeeping as needed
- Assist with physical inventory as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Things you need to be successful:
- 2 years in building material industry with extensive knowledge of product and application, sales experience a plus. Computer literate with Microsoft Office products required
- Able to operate computer, calculator & cash register. Basic ability to read and understand blueprints. Knowledge of building materials, applications, related equipment, and/or construction industry
- Good interpersonal and customer relations skills, vendor knowledge, ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to drive and walk throughout yards, plants and offices. Lifting 20 lb. objects constantly, 50 lb. objects frequently, and 100 lb. objects occasionally
- Pass drug screenings
- Health care, life insurance, disability benefits starting the first of months after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- Support career goals with our continuing education programs with opportunities in sales, operations, logistics, and management
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview based upon experience will be contacted.
It is Universal Supply Company�s policy not to discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual identity and preference, marital status, disability, or national origin.� Discrimination is prohibited in promotions, transfers, demotions, rates of pay, selection for training, or in any forms of compensation