WE ARE GROWING�Build YOUR future as we continue to build ours in the new Jersey market!
Founded in 1965, Universal Supply is a trusted resource for the professional home builder, re-modeler, and consumer of quality building supplies and services throughout New Jersey, southeastern Pennsylvania, northern Delaware, north and eastern Maryland and central Connecticut.
While products are important, our success is due to our greatest asset, our people. Universal Supply�s team of dedicated professionals has expert knowledge of our products and our industry. We recognize and appreciate the important role and contributions all our associates make to our daily business operations.
Universal is expanding our footprint in the New Jersey market with our latest location in Newark, NJ.� We currently seek experienced, motivated Counter Sales representatives with construction and/or building material knowledge to join the team
Things you should know about working at Universal Supply Company:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We recognize the importance of each and every customer.
A few duties in your Counter Sales role:
- Assist customers and contractors by providing quotes and product dimension information, both in person and over the phone.
- Handle special orders and advanced pricing.
- Assist in establishing sales relationships to grow builder account sales and assist walk-in customers as required.
- Respond to walk-in or telephone customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations, complaints and scheduling of deliveries and installations, and providing customer follow-ups.
- Code and inputs customer orders, pricing information and additional data into the computer system.
- Operate and balances cash registers daily.�
- Maintain an inviting, clean showroom with samples and up-to-date brochures.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
We want you to join our team if you can check these boxes:
- You have 3 years Sales experience and 1+ years in a building materials or construction related industry.
- Knowledge of various product lines and procedures, capable and comfortable quoting prices, credit terms, and presenting sales products in a positive and confident manner.
- You have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills; you are self-motivated but can work as part of a team.
- You are able to maintain and enhance positive customer relations.
- You are organized, very attentive to details, and excellent follow-up skills.�
- You have good math skills, knowledge of building materials and dimensional lumber products.
- You are have good computer experience using MS Office products and can quickly pick up proprietary software.
- There are physical demands which may include exposure to extreme temperatures (in our warehouse/yard) and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a random basis, standing and walking for extended periods of time; bending or stooping. �
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those with relatable skills will be contacted.
�It is the policy of Universal Supply Co. not to discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual identity, marital status, disability, or national origin.� Discrimination is prohibited in promotions, transfers, demotions, rates of pay, selection for training, or in any forms of compensation.