Founded in 1965, Universal Supply is a trusted resource for the professional home builder, remodeler, and consumer of quality building supplies and services throughout New Jersey, southeastern Pennsylvania, northern Delaware, and eastern Maryland and central Connecticut.
While products are important, our success is due to our greatest asset, our people. Universal Supply�s team of dedicated professionals has expert knowledge of our products and our industry. This knowledge sets us apart and enables us to provide consistent, unsurpassed customer service. With relationships being the backbone of Universal Supply, we are excited to partner with our customers and focus on their success.
We recognize and appreciate the important role and contributions all our associates make to our daily business operations. To continue the commitment in servicing our customers, we are currently seeking a Counter Sales Manager to join our Kimberton, PA team.
Things you should know about working at Universal Supply Company:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard.
- We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We recognize the importance of each and every customer.
Things about the Counter Sales Manager�s role:
- You assist the branch manager in overseeing all activities related to managing and directing the retail operation and supporting associates
- You review sales reports, expenses, labor costs, etc.
- You work shoulder to shoulder with your team taking phone calls and servicing the contractor.
- You support existing customer relationships and help develop new customers.
- You maintain an inviting showroom with samples, brochures and cleanliness
- You motivate and train your counter sales crew.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
We want you to join our team if you can check these boxes:
- A Bachelor�s degree in Business preferred or equivalent in experience.
- You have 3 years Sales experience and 2+ years of management experience in a building materials or construction related industry.
- Knowledge of various product lines and procedures, capable and comfortable quoting prices, credit terms, and presenting sales products in a positive and confident manner.
- You have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills; you�re a team builder able to motivate others.
- You are able to maintain and enhance positive customer relations.
- You are organized, very attentive to details, and assertive with excellent follow-up skills.�
- You have good math skills, knowledge of building materials and dimensional lumber products.
- You are have good computer experience using MS Office products and can quickly pick up proprietary software.
- There are physical demands which may include exposure to extreme temperatures (in our warehouse/yard) and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a random basis, standing and walking for extended periods of time; bending or stooping. �
�It is the policy of Universal Supply Co. not to discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual identity, marital status, disability, or national origin.� Discrimination is prohibited in promotions, transfers, demotions, rates of pay, selection for training, or in any forms of compensation.