Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity!
NeoGenomics is looking for a Courier who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow. SHIFT 7:30am-4pm
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at Neo!
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
- Drives a vehicle to pick-up, deliver, and accurately store materials with assigned route or on as needed basis
- Pick up and delivers stat specimens
- Demonstrates and promotes a positive image and communicates effectively to clients, employees and the public in general
- Perform route audits and quality assurance checks of samples
- Maintain knowledge of multiple routes to back up assigned drivers
- Communicates appropriately with clients, coworkers and time general public
- Ensures all specimens are collected accurately and on time
- Collects specimens according to established procedures
- Package specimens for transport
- Maintains required records and documentation of all items received and delivered
- Reports on time to work, following attendance guidelines
- Keeps vehicle area neat and clean; Disposes of biohazard containers when scheduled
- Service vehicle, such as checking fluid levels and replenishing fuel; retains and submits all fuel receipts and fuel maintenance logs to the Logistics Supervisor/Manager on a weekly basis
- Communicates all unresolved problems immediately to supervisor for resolution
- Follows company guidelines on packaging and preparing specimens for shipment and transportation
- Attends department meetings and company in-service trainings to enhance knowledge on testing and systems
- Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and uniform policies, appearing neat and clean at all times
High School Diploma or equivalent
1+ years previous driving experience preferred. Prior medical courier experience and prior customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to follow instructions, read a map, and read and write English
- Valid state driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; evenings, weekends, holidays, on call and overtime
- Prior knowledge of medical specimens and /or medical supplies
- Good customer service skills required
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel desired
- Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual