St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.The primary function of the Courier is to provide transportation of supplies, specimens, patients, and other items essential for the operations of the Network.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pick-up supplies, mail and other items and deliver as needed.
- Scan packages with barcodes when delivered and download at the end of shift.
- Verify sorting of mail and packages to ensure proper delivery.
- Pick-up specimens at off-site locations and transport to Network Labs as directed.
- Pick up petty cash, money bags and payroll and deliver as needed.
- Transport patients to and from hospital for various departments.
- Follow the Lab Specimen Transport Process.
- Follow the Vehicle Policy and perform daily vehicle maintenance checks, including fluids, equipment and cleaning.
- Transport of vegetables within the Network using a 3rd Party vehicle.
- Transport of medications within the network and to other healthcare facilities.
- Train new staff on routes and procedures.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Individual must be able to meet established specific physical requirements of the job; sitting for up to six (6) hours/day, three (3) hours at a time; standing for up to one (1) hour/day, one (1) hour at a time; and walking for up to two (2) hours/day, fifty (50) minutes at a time. Occasionally handling and firm gripping when carrying equipment. Occasionally fingering and twisting/turning. Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing and walking objects weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance. Frequent squatting and kneeling and occasional stooping, bending, crouching and reaching above shoulder level. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation. Seeing as it relates to general vision, color vision and depth perception.
High school graduate or equivalent.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Hospital experience preferred. Possess a good driving record and maintain a valid Pennsylvania or New Jersey Driver's License. Basic knowledge of the Lehigh Valley and the surrounding area.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!