Course and Data Coordinator - 18682
University of Colorado | CU Denver
Course and Data Coordinator
Position #00624266– Requisition #18682
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Business School has an opening for a full-time university Staff (unclassified) Data and Course Coordinator position.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.
CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
This position is responsible for course coordination for all state funded academic programs at the Business School including the entry and maintenance of courses in CU-SIS, scheduling and rooming of courses (in collaboration with the Facility coordinator), coordinating faculty course questionnaires, maintaining and revising course catalog copy, and data collection and reporting related to academic programs. This position requires ongoing collaboration and communication with faculty and staff in a fast-paced environment.
Examples of Work Performed
- Implement the process for the Business School’s state funded schedule of courses.
- Establish Business School’s production calendar annually and provide regular updates to program directors throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively to advising academic programs and key decision makers about the schedule of courses and all related details.
- Research and verify accuracy of course information, enrollment data, course notes, instructor information, room usage patterns or room features, and Learning Management coding on the integrated student information system (CU-SIS).
- Coordinate with program directors to finalize teaching schedules and develop course schedules for each semester adhering to all deadlines.
- Ensure inclusion of new courses on CU-SIS following the campus University Curriculum Committee process.
- Coordinate with program directors to create the Business School’s schedule of classes each term, verifying CU-SIS data, managing issues for all course sections, and ensuing that schedules are correct for each enrollment period.
- Submit web forms for CU-SIS edits per Office of the Registrar timeline (6 weeks prior to the start of each term) when unable to edit manually.
- Confirm that meeting patterns are within required time grid and meet the contact hour requirements established by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education (CCHE).
- Work with Business School and Office of the Registrar rooming coordinators to room Business School courses each term.
- Provide service and support to all extended studies programs and courses, including certificate programs, study abroad courses, CU Succeed courses and First Year Seminar courses.
- Serves as the Business school primary point of contact for CU-SIS.
- Serves as the Business School liaison to campus committees for course coordinators, Maymester and summer programming, and other related to the duties of the position.
Course Administration and Logistics
- Assess and resolve faculty access issues including initial provisioning to CU-SIS, UCD access portal, class rosters, grade reporting and Canvas access issues.
- Serve as the point of contact for course administrative issues (e.g., course schedules, room assignments, textbook orders, building access, section enrollments, and waitlists).
- Work with AACSB Director to obtain course syllabi from faculty
- Serve as staff liaison to program committees and as point of contact for program curricular additions and changes.
- Serve as liaison to the Registrar’s Office, requesting additions and deletions of plans and sub-plans, subject codes, courses and managing all other program/plan data.
- Assist in developing and revising program and course policies due to changes made at the school, campus, and state (CCHE) levels.
- Assist discipline directors and advisors on developing innovative program structures and interdisciplinary/cross-college offerings.
- Serve as designated editor and staff person in the school with write access to Acalog for all programs and initiatives in the school
- Coordinate with Business School stakeholders and the Registrar’s Office to ensure that the catalog is accurate and inclusive of all degree requirements in the Business School.
- Serve as liaison to university catalog working groups.
Data, Analysis, and Information Management
- Serve as primary point of contact for student and course related data and reports
- Provide key stakeholders with course enrollment data to assist with course scheduling, section enrollment limit adjustments, and add/cancel decisions.
- Create reports for recording and comparing enrollment data at established intervals during the registration-to-census period, utilizing Excel and Institutional
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data from FCQs and provide regular reports to discipline directors and faculty evaluation committees.
- Coordinate with report developers in the Bursar’s, Registrar’s and Institutional Research offices to develop and maintain reports, data definitions, and recurring data requests.
- Provide data and reports as required by external accrediting agencies and as part of the university outcomes assessment and program review processes.
- Stay current on required student data privacy and security standards and training.
- Verify all tuition and fees information to the Bursar for all extended studies programs each term.
Other duties as required
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position begins at $46,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, health care, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, library science, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- 1 year of experience in a higher education setting in admissions, advising or course and data management
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience working with course scheduling and enrollment data
- Experience working with transfer articulation and degree audit
- Experience with student information systems and course management systems currently in use at CU Denver (CU-SIS, Cognos, Canvas, Acalog)
- Experience working with faculty
- Experience handling confidential, sensitive and FERPA protected data
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively and work with a variety of individuals and groups
- Attention to detail and ability to perform detailed operations accurately.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects and tasks.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and the ability to adapt or modify existing systems or procedures to accommodate new situations.
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Jessica Olivas at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted for the first 75 applicants or until June 11th, whichever comes first.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 30055 - Business School
Posting Date: May 28, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jessica Olivas
Posting Contact Email: Jessica.email@example.com
Position Number: 00624266