The Courtesy Clerk is first and foremost responsible for providing courteous customer service, efficient bagging, and carry-out to ensure customer satisfaction.
- When a customer enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that customer.
- Assist customers with product location, bagging orders and providing carry-out service as required.
- Ensure adequate supply of bags at the check stands.
- Verify prices and return merchandise from checkstand area to display area.
- Retrieve shopping carts from parking lot.
- Responsible for cost and quality control and maintaining company safety standards.
- May occasionally water plants and flowers.
- Follow daily work schedule as assigned by management.
- Follow dress code in accordance with associate handbook.
- Follow attendance and tardiness guidelines in accordance with associate handbook.
- Move from check stand to check stand as customer flow dictates.
- Perform other duties as requested or required by management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, but efficient and controlled manner.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the courtesy clerk duties including but not limited to bending, lifting, standing, squatting, climbing, walking and at times running. (During peak business hours in particular, must be able to move quickly from parking lot to check stand area.)
- Requires manual dexterity skills and good eye-hand coordination.
- Requires exposure to varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor duties.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 80 lbs. on a regular basis and place in floor board and trunk space of vehicles.
- Ability to accept supervisory coaching related to performance, work habits and attitude.
- Ability to function as an associate and get along with others.
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations.