Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Temporary Testing Site Technician to provide excellent customer service at our fast-paced COVID19 testing site located at 3819 John Wall Drive, Madison, WI, near UW Health at The American Center (TAC). This is a unique entry level opportunity for students and others wishing to move into healthcare or simply to be involved in meaningful work.
As part of a team, your duties would be as follows:
- Greet patients/employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Check patients in for appointments.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Assist with nasopharyngeal (nasal) swabbing tests on patients.
- Responsible for logging and storing specimens in cooler.
- Help with tasks as needed in the collection tent.
Preferred – High School diploma.
Preferred – Customer service experience or clinical health care experience preferred but not required. On the job training is available.
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred – MA, CNA, EMT, Tech (PT, RT, Eye, etc.)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Basic communication skills and working knowledge of the English language.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with little supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee, and external customer satisfaction.
- Effective organizational and planning abilities.
- Willingness to use initiative and handle extra duties as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to teach basic skills and techniques to peers.
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
32 – 40 hours per week with every other weekend rotation required.
The hourly wage for this position is $15.00.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and ant-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, women, and LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/vets.