Apply now to be considered for a phone interview and learn how you can become part of our REMARKABLE team.
It’s time to make a difference by joining our front-line team responsible for large-scale vaccinations and testing for COVID-19.
We are seeking temporary Clinical Technicians to:
- Work 16 to 40 hours a week, between the hours of 7:00 am – 7:00 pm. Shifts available Monday through Sunday.
- Check-in patients and schedule appointments.
- Log and store specimens in cooler.
- Provide excellent customer service at our fast-paced COVID-19 testing and vaccine site.
- Your health and wellness is important. We’re committed to providing a safe place to work for you and our patients. You will wear full personal protective equipment to assist with nasopharyngeal (nasal) swabbing tests, vaccine administration, and clerical activity for UW Health patients, employees, and the general public.
Preferred - High School diploma
Preferred - Customer service experience or clinical health care experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred - MA, CNA, EMT, Tech (PT, RT, Eye, etc.), Athletic Trainer, or other Allied Health discipline and/or student in an Allied Health program.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate routine instruction to patients, public, or employees regarding tasks or procedures.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee, and external customer satisfaction.
- Willingness to work on quality improvement initiatives and accept change.
- Ability to multi-task and work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to teach basic skills and techniques to peers.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks, procedures, and medication administration.
- Attention to safety
- Attention to accuracy
- Willingness to ask questions to clarify work/requirement
- Ability to safely administer injections under the supervision of a RN using the 5 Rights of Medication Administration.
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and ant-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, women, and LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/vets.
This is a temporary position, expected to last into the summer. Work 16 to 40 hours a week, between the hours of 7:00 am – 7:00 pm. 8,10 or 12 hours shifts available Monday through Sunday.
Pay: $17.00 per hour. Hours worked during evenings and weekends will be eligible for differentials.
UW Health John Wall Drive Testing Site – UW Health recently relocated its drive-through testing operations to an indoor facility on the east side of Madison at 3819 John Wall Drive. UW Health has made a long-term commitment to drive-through testing as a convenience for patients who regularly express satisfaction with this option for flu shots, COVID-19 tests and vaccine. Our team is dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment.