*** Temporary (six month) position as part of CommUnityCare's Covid-19 Testing Team. Team will travel between various locations. Position will involve working outside. *** Responsible for being the first point of contact for patients, staff, and guests presenting at the clinic, and performing all the administrative tasks associated with patient check in.
- Responsible for opening front office and all duties associated with this function.
- Welcome, greet, and assist patients in a courteous and professional manner.
- As directed, schedule patient appointments accurately and efficiently utilizing the computer system.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and provide information as necessary or route the calls as needed.
- Register all patients by accurately entering the patient demographic and insurance information in the electronic medical system.
- Verify and ensure completeness of patient registration documentation. Verify and enter patient data into the electronic medical system.
- Review and verify patient coverage of insurance information using online resources.
- Explain payment options, including sliding scale fees, Medicare, Medicaid, and other forms of payment assistance.
- Collects deposits or co-payments/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per company policies.
- Responsible for closing and/or end of day processes, including but not limited to, daily posting of collected monies into the electronic medical system and balancing the drawer for end of day deposit.
- Utilize the numerous software systems in the clinic, including but not limited to, i2i, Tableau, Vital Interactions, Patient Portal, check in kiosks, etc.
- As directed, responsible for running Vital Interaction reports and following-up on appointments needing to be confirmed and no shows.
- Work closely with the nursing, provider, medical assistant, and extended care teams to ensure smooth patient flow and reduce cycle time.
- Works with clinical care team to assist with closing gaps in care by helping to notify patients of services due.
- Work with HIM department to accurately scan medical documents into the EMR system.
- Notify appropriate personnel of emergencies, messages, patient arrivals, etc.
- Accurately document and communicate patient concerns to the site triad leadership team.
- Ability to work assigned hours, and as needed outside regularly scheduled hours including weekends.
- Participates in appropriate meetings and trainings, as well as adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, clinical, and company information and data. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
- Performs all duties in an ethical manner consistent with the I Promise statement.
- Healthcare office concepts, practices, policies, and procedures
- Insurance verification procedures
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- HIPAA and Joint Commission guidelines and regulations
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Verbal and written communications, including telephone and email etiquette and documentation
- Working independently in a fast-paced, multi-task clinical environment, as well as part of a team
- Effective problem solving techniques
- Work in a self-directed, organized manner
- Multitask while maintaining a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Present information in a consistent, organized, and accurate manner
- Demonstrate flexibility and ingenuity in response to change
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across the organization at various levels, as well as with external customers
- Maintain confidentiality
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: At least one year of demonstrated experience in an administrative position.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: At least one year experience in registration or front office duties in a physician’s office, hospital emergency department, and/or urgent care setting.