Two (2) Open Positions Second Shift
Position Purpose is to operate packaging machines with all related duties in a refrigerated enviornment.
Crewed Plant Positions:
Night Shift 2 Position
- Check poly/cartons and product against daily orders.
- Make running adjustments, repairs, and monitor equipment to maximize OEE.
- Utilize ignition to maintain production goals and standards
- Keep machine supplied with proper poly. Able to lift and set up to 58-pound poly rolls on the machine. Any rolls exceeding 58 pounds you must ask for assistance
- Change/ verify production codes and packaging sizes
- Keep machine and area clean
- Ensure proper weights are controlled and fill out weight sheets
- Make adjustments to check weighers, metal detectors, and codes for poly bags and boxes
- Maintain automated palletization area to keep equipment functional
- Maintain high quality and production standards
- Follow company policies
- Follow safety procedures
- Other duties that are reasonable associated with the above essential function of the job
- Stack and form cases or case bags to relieve crew members occasionally
- Maintain product flow for inspection belt
- Wash down equipment for product change
- Will work in Production (Bracket IX or X depending on employment status) according to seniority number, at that pay rate, when not scheduled in specialty job
- Must be dependable and exhibit good human relations skills
- Mechanical aptitude helpful
- Basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication)
- Reliable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to use computerized controls
- Must be able to pass job specific Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Noise produced by manufacturing machinery up to 92 decibels
- Lift and Carry Requirements: Lift poly bag roll with a co-worker (not to be attempted alone) from the floor to the holding cart and transfer the roll to the poly bag machine.
- Maximum lifting weight 58 lbs. highest lift point is 30” average shoulder level with a carrying distance of less than 10 ft.
- Push and Pull Requirements: Workers push or pull carts to the poly bag machine to load the rolls onto the machine.
- Push/Pull initial force maximum of 30 lbs. with an average of 25 lbs., total hand height of 30” maximum distance less than 5 ft., daily with a push and or pull weight of 25-30lbs.
- Standing and Walking Requirements: All tasks require standing and walking on concrete and metal floors
- Climbing Requirements: Vertical ladders of up to 12 ft. on a daily basis as needed to check on problems with inspection lines.
- Reaching Requirements: Loading rolls of poly bags and induvial pouches while reaching forward up 24” daily.
- Posture requirements: Must be able to do repetitive movements of bending, reaching overhead and forward up to 24”, squatting, kneeling, and bending.
- Work Conditions Requirements: Temperatures range from 40° to 50° degree Fahrenheit and may be exposed to fumes, tools and/or machinery with sharp edges.
- Tools, Equipment, and Materials Requirements:
- PPE: gloves, bump cap, ear plugs, hair nets, smocks & sleeves
- Tools: knives, shovels, brooms, screw drivers & wrenches
- Equipment: TOYO & Pack-Mac Machines
- Flexibility to work different shifts and days when required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.