The crane operator will utilize their skillset to safely manage raw material movement from receiving to machines in order to support production needs of the Machine Shop. The crane operator must also support and maintain Machine Shop to ISO 14001 Standards.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load brass rod onto Acme, Davenport, Buffoli Nut and Fitting, and Buffoli Valve machines using overhead crane to keep machines running.
- Load and unload brass rod from trailers and keep brass rod organized.
- Empty all trash cans, cardboard containers, and recycling bins daily.
- Assist machine operators in pumping out coolant and shoveling out chips from coolant tanks.
- Sort and identify chip wringer scrap, notify supervisor of excessive product in chip wringer.
- Maintain coolant system and clean centrifuge every shift.
- Empty and replace used oil absorbent barrels and prepare for shipment.
- Clean up and around all equipment as necessary with a special emphasis on oil and coolant on walking surfaces.
- Maintain hazardous waste containers and prepare for shipment.
- Empty used oil containers and prepare for shipment.
- Maintain mop water station.
- Empty scrap metal containers.
- Spin brass chips to separate coolant in the case the main chip system goes down.
- Maintain and organize loading dock.
- Aid in brass rod inventory by weighing up loose bars and bundles.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes
- Highly organized and self–motivated individual with the ability to take ownership of areas of responsibility
- Must be a good listener
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs. and work on feet not to exceed eight (8) hours per day.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Familiarity with the plumbing industry and products
- No direct responsibility
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ related work experience.
BrassCraft Manufacturing Company
ShiftShift 2 (United States of America)
Full or Part TimeFull time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.