Metals USA Plates & Shapes, Inc -- Philadelphia, PA
Position Title: Crane Operator
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: 1st shift
The Crane Operator under limited supervision performs duties related to the storage and movement of inventory or equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to operate crane under general supervision traveling or stationary.
* Ensures safe efficient transfer of materials in the warehouse.
* Completes job tickets and all necessary paperwork.
* Moves and positions loads using hoisting attachments such as hooks and slings.
* Observes load hookup and determines safety of the load.
* Manipulates or depresses crane controls.to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist. movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
* Starts and stop crane engine.
* Cleans and maintain crane and hoisting mechanisms.
* Inspects crane for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required to perform the duties of a crane operator.
* Complies with company and OSHA safety policies and safe work practices.
* Adheres to Reliance Steel and Aluminum's Code of Conduct as well as customer confidentiality requirements.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Valid OSHA Forklift Certification
* Valid Overhead Crane Certification
Occupation requires physical activity more than 66% of the time (> 5.5 hours per day)
* Stand, walk, sit, handling/fingering, reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, squat or kneel or bend
* Lift, carry, push and/or pull 51 -- 100 lbs. with assistance
Other Physical Requirements:
Must wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
* Steel-toed boots
* Hard hats with chin strap; chin strap must be worn at all times while in the warehouse
* Protective eyewear
* Hand protection
* Arm guards/sleeves
* Hearing protection if required by the hearing conservation program
May be exposed to some of the following working conditions.
* Environmental temperature changes hot & cold
* Working inside and outside of an industrial warehouse
* Oils, dust, fumes and metallic particles
* Day and night shifts
* High School Graduate or equivalent
* Basic reading and writing comprehension in English (to read instructions, tickets, safety and policies manuals)
* Read, understand and comprehend basic blueprints and drawings
* Proficient measuring skills and the ability to read measuring tapes, micrometers and calipers
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Warehouse experience preferred
* Experience working with Heavy Equipment preferred
* Overhead Crane/forklift experience required
* Detail Oriented
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits package
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled