POPSUGAR is seeking an organized and multi-tasking Creative Producer for a special partnership between POPSUGAR and Makeup.com and Skincare.com. This role is equal parts project management and photo production.
The Creative Producer will work alongside our creative, social, editorial, and sales teams to spearhead the development and execution of a variety of projects for POPSUGAR, Makeup.com, and Skincare.com. They will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of amazing content on time, within budget, and on brief.
The Creative Producer should be driven, inspired, and possess a can-do attitude. They must have an unshakeable desire to keep things organized against all odds, exceptional communication skills, and an excellent attention to detail. They must be skilled in maintaining and continuously improving upon organizational workflow efficiencies.
This is a fun and exciting environment. We are looking for a team player who is eager to take on new challenges, learn, and grow.
- Generate and manage project plans and timelines for both short and long term projects. Maintain timelines, manage deliverables, and ensure milestones are met across all teams
- Ensure assigned projects follow the creative process and are completed on time and on budget
- Must be able to assess the urgency of sales team requests and make informed decisions that support the client’s needs and objectives while maintaining proper balance with studio schedules and workflows
- Establish and oversee workflow and day-to-day details of content planning and creation, projects related to branding, events, and any one-off design needs
- Identify and communicate issues or bottlenecks that hinder the workflow of the creative team
- Traffic creative initiatives between departments serving as the liaison between Makeup.com, Skincare.com and L’Oreal partners
- Establish agendas and run effective and informative meetings between editorial and creative teams
- Drive execution of all Makeup.com and Skincare.com creative initiatives throughout its lifecycle from conception to execution
- Serve as liaison between finance and production team to ensure all billing is submitted accurately and on time
- Organize and produce photo shoots for POPSUGAR, Makeup.com, and Skincare.com
- Collaborate with the photo team to build a talent team (i.e. photographers, stylists, etc.) and assist with scheduling for all staff & freelance talent on native photography
- Ensure that art directors, stylists, photographers and retouchers adhere to style guides, capture and photography workflows, and ensure all deadlines are met
- Oversee concept decks and shot lists, cast and book talent, secure crew, schedule go see’s, scout locations and establish permits for both on-figure and still life photography
- Actively take part in creative, production and post production discussions to help provide creative solutions for executions that are budget conscious
- Manage and maintain a strict budget while communicating the impact of any changes that arise throughout creative production
- Must be able to manage post production deadlines and coordinate with the Assets Manager throughout multiple stages of asset delivery
- Traffic final photoshoot deliverables, manage and maintain asset folders, and communicate monthly brand-related photography to L’Oreal partners
- Monitor and manage team asset management systems
- Manage contracts, billing, and coordinate post production retouching
- Serve as the liaison between production team and legal team to ensure all model and crew paperwork is submitted accurately and on time
- Assist in the efficiency and organization of the production team and workflow while maintaining POPSUGAR brand, partner’s brand & premium photography
- 3+ years of experience working in photo production or a digital agency setting and creating content from scratch from an executional standpoint
- Enthusiasm for creating various forms of media with a love of good creative
- Expert in prioritizing a multitude of tasks under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Well-versed in budgeting and scheduling
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Highly skilled in clearly articulating ideas – both verbally and in written form
POPSUGAR Inc. is the leading digital lifestyle brand for women globally. The company reaches young women through its digital media brand, POPSUGAR, its quarterly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have, its makeup line Beauty by POPSUGAR and the POPSUGAR Collection at Kohl’s. POPSUGAR delivers positive and purpose-driven content across multiple platforms spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, and more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 millennial women in the United States and leads all women’s lifestyle publishers in user engagement.
POPSUGAR Inc. operations internationally include Australia, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com.