The Director of Creative Marketing is responsible for development of consumer marketing campaigns for the company’s brands across the country – including Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, Baltimore Sun, Hartford Courant, Allentown Morning Call, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida Sun Sentinel, the Daily Press (Va.) and Virginian-Pilot. The role will play a key role in the development of creative that fuels the company’s digital growth efforts.
The Director of Creative Marketing will work directly with a team of marketing strategists to develop campaigns for use across all markets, as well as delivery of requests for work that arise for market-specific needs. The Dir. will manage an internal team of two designers, as well as coordinate among a stable of agency and freelance talent when needed.
Learn more about working for us at www.tribpub.com/careers
Tribune Publishing Company (TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including theChicago Tribune, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal and is majority owner of BestReviews.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
- Lead team of 2 internal designers and coordinate across several freelance, contract, and agency engagement on consumer marketing campaigns – with a focus on digital and print design
- Define our “internal agency” expectations for quality, consistency, and timeliness of deliverables
- Coordinate fulfillment of marketing assets from concept development, feedback/revisions, and production
- Work with team of marketing strategists to develop campaign creative that meets specific objectives
- Solidify visual standards, design expectations, and brand consistency when working with designers, freelancers, and agencies
- Provide design feedback on all campaign assets, with attention to visual details, readability, and channel context (e.g. does design work for its intended medium – print, digital, email, etc.)
- Work with designers and agencies to pitch creative concepts, justify creative decisions that connect to the strategic brief
- Manage deliverables and meet deadlines for production through our project management software system (Workfront)
- Identify tradeoffs and work to negotiate deadlines to account for shifting priorities or deadlines
- Ability to identify when projects are at risk/behind schedule and proactively manage stakeholder expectations when required
- Ability to think creatively while maintaining a perspective on the intention of the creative work
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality work in a high-volume, multiple-project environment
- Ability to summarize stakeholder feedback and turn it into actionable creative outputs
- Strong communication skills – with focus on making Creative Brief meetings effective conversations to align goals and resources
- Ability to present concepts and relate creative choices to the intended impact of the campaign
- Prior experience managing a budget and allocating work effectively to freelance or outside agencies as workload and budget allows
- Demonstrated capability of managing creative output through a project management system (specifically Workfront a big plus)
- Fluent in InDesign and Adobe Suite
- Familiarity with using project management software to manage tasks, timelines and resource allocations
- Past experience in digital marketing, online marketing or direct marketing is preferable