About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KYOU-TV is the FOX, NBC, The CW, Circle, Grit, and Justice affiliated television station for the area of Southeastern Iowa and Northeastern Missouri. KYOU-TV signed on the air more than 30 years ago. The TV station serves more than 9 counties in Iowa and Missouri with more than 37,000 television households. While the main studio is located in Ottumwa, KYOU-TV also staffs a news bureau in Kirksville, MO. KYOU-TV is dedicated to being a part of our communities and sharing the stories of the people we serve. KYOU-TV is owned by Gray Television.
KYOU-TV is seeking a talented media professional to lead our creative services. This position will manage and supervise all elements of the KYOU brand and marketing efforts, as well as commercial production.
As the lead on marketing and branding, this position will be tasked with promoting the KYOU news image in the community using multiple platforms. This entails working alongside the news department on special projects and newscast branding. This person will be responsible for helping to create and manage a consistent use of graphics on all station productions.
Working with the sales manager, this position will help enhance sales presentations as well as support clients with commercial production.
The successful candidate will have media production skills to produce compelling commercials and promotional material for use on TV, websites, social media and more. This person must be able to multi-task and have a strong work ethic to take control of projects and complete them successfully.
• Managing / Supervising media and production efforts of the station
• Create and manage station brands, cross platform marketing and graphic design
• High comfort level with marketing including social media
• Collaborate with News Director on strategy for image and topical marketing messages
• Participates in planning/implementation of specialty publicity material for special event activities
• Ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures
• Work with General Sales Manager to enhance presentations and promotional opportunities
• Keep abreast of media technologies as they apply to on-air promotions and graphics
• Keen eye on industry trends to generate new ideas and opportunities for the station
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead/supervise staff and establish positive work relationships
• Producing compelling daily news topicals and station image campaigns to generate viewer interest
• Oversee scheduling of media & production and promotions teams
• Assist in joint promotional efforts with media partners
• Assist in commercial production
• Assist in the creation of contests/promotions
• Create radio (and cable) spots for outside media during rating periods
• B.A. Degree in Marketing or equivalent experience in working in a TV station marketing, media and production
• Television Broadcasting experience
• Avid, Adobe Graphic Suite, and Premiere
• Experience in directing, commercial production and station promotions.
• Strong communication, organizational skills and script writing.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight daily, weekly, monthly and yearly deadlines
• Create and manage department budget
• Understanding of Nielsen, and Comscore ratings and trends
• Highly creative and self-motivated
• Flexible when it comes to scheduling and able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
» Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.