As Creative Technologist in The Hartford Small Business Innovation Lab, you are a designer that codes. You enable the seamless transition from design research to experimentation. You are versed in design methods that expose unmet human needs and have the vision for how technology can transform them into delightful experiences. You fill the gap between design and development with your complementary sketching and coding abilities. As a member of this dynamic innovation incubator, you will participate in brainstorm sessions, design concept briefs, and develop working prototypes of high value concepts.
- Collaborate with researchers and strategists to solve meaningful customer problems through cutting-edge, insight-based prototypes
- Proactively explore opportunities to improve the user experience across different forms of technology, including hardware and software
- Visualize concepts via interaction design, hand-drawn storyboards, functioning prototypes
- Code prototypes to accentuate core features and iterate based on focus group feedback to determine the market viability of the value proposition
- Research and share industry agnostic innovations and trends along the intersection of design and technology
- A minimum of five to seven years of progressive experience as a Creative Technologist; ideal experience includes work in design agency, consulting practice or in-house settings
- Expertise in creating low-to-high fidelity prototypes (UI/UX)
- Development experience with mobile platforms
- B.A. or B.S. in a design related field required; Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) a plus; equivalent work experience may also be considered
About the Innovation Lab:
The Hartford Insurance Group is creating an industry-leading Small Business Innovation Lab is located in the FiDi and wholly dedicated to re-imaging the risk management and digital needs of Small Business Owners. The Small Business Innovation Lab is a brand new endeavor to challenge old orthodoxies, embed ourselves with our customers to understand how their worlds are evolving, and create new products, services, and businesses to address their needs. We will be fast, collaborative, customer-centric, and tech-led.
This groundbreaking team for Small Business Innovation Lab will work together to:
- Create new sources of value by looking beyond today’s method of doing business inclusive of identifying ways to extend our model into adjacent spaces or entirely new business models. Pace and speed will be paramount as we prove out the next wave of leading-edge capabilities and models to be adopted or infused into our market-leading business model.
- Deliver strategic insights by hedging against disruption on our own terms.
Behaviors at The Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Drive exceptional performance to move the company forward.
- Operate as a Team Player – Collaborate inclusively to achieve the best results.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Create lasting value through trusted relationships.
- Strive for Excellence – Always look for ways to continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Job Digital Marketing
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting:Feb 15, 2019, 4:33:50 PM
Remote Worker Option:No