POSITION: Credentialed Medical Assistant – Urgent Care
STATUS: Full Time / Night Shift
Saltzer Health is growing and changing, but our values remain true to the vision of our founders. Since 1961, we have cared for generations. We believe in innovation, choice, cost transparency and convenience with a focus on providing quality care for our patients and their families. Join us and you’ll find a culture of teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect.
Saltzer Medical Group is looking for a qualified Credentialed Medical Assistant, Clinical Support Staff to join its team. This position will support our new Urgent Care.
- Provide care to clinic patients under the direction of the provider and specific scope of practice.
- Screen patient phone calls, to include taking detailed messages for providers. Route telephone encounters, patient documents, lab/imaging results, and other patient information to the correct provider in a timely manner. Provide follow-up to patient based on provider input.
- Perform medical procedures within scope (i.e., phlebotomy, dressing changes, point of care testing, EKG’s, injections).
- Identify patient need for education on disease, and provide approved hospital education materials as directed by provider.
- Process prescription refills and provide instruction as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of examination rooms using clinical procedures and ensure exam rooms are supplied appropriately.
- Assist with the scheduling of all diagnostic tests.
- Monitor supplies, Rx’s, medical equipment, and provider schedules.
- Serve as a role model and mentor to coworkers.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Able to communicate in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, time management, and organizational skills required.
- ER or Urgent Care experience preferred
- Computer experience required.
- Current recognized National Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Competitive salary/compensation
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO), holiday pay and 401(K)