Administrative Credentialing Specialist Opportunity - Waltham, MA
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment (NYSE: ASGN) to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for an Administrative Credentialing Specialist for a client in Newton, MA.
The details for the role are below. If interested in discussing further please send along an updated resume in MS Word format to Alexa Whalen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the details:
- Position: Administrative Credentialing Specialist
- Location: Newton, MA
- Duration: 3+ months open ended contract - strong potential for long-term employment and permanent conversion!
- Rate: Negotiable based on experience
1. Fun work environment with great team in place - office happy hour events, work outdoors in nice weather, etc.
2. Long-term employment potential
3. Foot in the door opportunity with reputable healthcare company
This position is responsible for ongoing credentialing verification process of physicians and allied health providers. Work directly with CVO clients, providers and external organizations to facilitate timely and effective credentialing of initial and reappointment applications.
The Credentialing Specialist 2 will conduct audits of initial and reappointment credentialing applications and support the administrative and provider outreach functions of the CVO as assigned.
Processes initial and reappointment credentialing applications as assigned
Effective data entry of documentation from initial and reappointment applications
Conducts follow up of outstanding information and verifications in a timely and effective manner in alignment with CVO processing guidelines.
Conducts audits of initial and reappointment credentials files as assigned.
Responsible for meeting set performance goals with regard to quality and accuracy of work
Manages and prioritizes assigned work so that turnaround time goals are met, in process files are kept up-to-date, and assigned files are processed in a timely manner.
Performs related and unrelated tasks as assigned
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Excellent understanding of the credentialing process and ability to train others and answer questions.
*Healthcare experience preferred
*Healthcare insurance experience preferred
*Payer enrollment experience preferred
Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience, PC and Internet experience
- Minimum 2 years of college, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in credentialing or related field
- Knowledge of provider credentialing required
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented with the ability to independently problem solve, and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Word
-Customer service experience required – The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of CACTUS Credentialing System desired
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178