The Credit Analyst provides full support to the Commercial Lending Officers and is primarily responsible for underwriting financial transactions involving working capital, equipment, real estate and small company acquisitions. In addition, the credit analyst ensures that proper credit/collateral documentation is obtained, identifies any deviations to loan policy, participates in loan closings and assists in the ongoing monitoring of credits.
- Analyzes financial statements (including performance ratios) of all levels of quality to develop initial assessment by identifying strengths and weaknesses as pertaining to borrower’s historical operating performance.
- Prepares written analyses which include:
- Credit investigation of the borrower and guarantors;
- Economic and market conditions as they relate to the company, industry, and market area;
- In-depth historical and projected financial/cash flow analysis, including communicating with the borrower’s accountant to gain a better understanding of the company’s accounting practices;
- In-depth analysis of the secondary sources of repayment such as collateral;
- In-depth analysis of a guarantor’s financial position.
- Identifies borrower’s strengths and weaknesses
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field required. Strong preference for Finance or Accounting major or concentration.
- Professional experience in financial, credit, or statistical analysis, and/or statement spreading and assessing companies through internships, part-time or full-time work, and/or extracurricular activities preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets via Microsoft Office products as well as custom applications and systems.
- Excellent analytical, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative, accountability, and attention to detail.
At PlainsCapital, we’ve always had a trailblazing spirit. PlainsCapital was founded in 1988 by Alan White and a group of investors who raised the capital to acquire Plains National Bank, a Lubbock financial institution with one branch and $198.8 million in assets. Alan, who retired from his post as Chairman of PlainsCapital Bank in 2019, partnered with a team of young bankers who dreamed of bringing relationship banking to Lubbock, and they began to grow the bank one relationship at a time.
Today, PlainsCapital Bank is one of the largest banks in Texas based on deposit market share. Under the leadership of President and Chief Executive Officer Jerry Schaffner, we have a statewide presence with more than 60 locations in all major Texas markets. We are a strong and stable financial institution and a trusted community partner. We take pride in helping our customers blaze trails of their own, whether launching or expanding a business, raising a family, or moving into retirement. Our diverse range of services includes commercial banking, treasury management, private banking, and wealth management, as well as consumer banking.
To learn more, please visit us online at plainscapital.com/about.