In this role, you will be responsible for review and evaluation of credit data for commercial or small business loans.
* Monitor existing loans to ensure complete conformity with terms.
* Spread financial statements and related information to financial spreadsheets and/or software programs for analysis.
* Analyze Accounts Receivable, Inventory and other collateral information to determine adequate collateral coverage for Asset Based loans.
* Analyze financial data related to new and renewal commercial or small business loan requests, including lines of credit, asset-based lines, equipment financing loans and/or commercial real estate loans.
* Conduct credit investigations and prepares credit approval reports and summarizes credit.
* Analyze a variety of commercial, small business, or real estate loan requests.
* Present facts and offers opinions to loan officers concerning applicant's credit worthiness.
* Comply with all Federal, State, and local consumer protection laws governing loan origination including the SAFE Act and SAFE Act registration and renewal rules as defined by the bank, if applicable.
* Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
* Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
* Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting.
* 1-2 years of relevant credit analysis or underwriting experience.
* Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Basic credit and credit quality skills including accounting, financial statement spreading, and cash flow analysis experience.
* Basic knowledge of credit policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
* Must have completed basic accounting class(es) acquired through an accredited university or college and be in the process of completing credit underwriting training.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
* lifting up to 25 pounds.
* occasional Travel
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled