Guided by our values since 1875, American National Bank of Texas strives, through the power of relationships, to be the preferred bank of choice for individual and business customers in the communities that we serve.
Building relationships with our customers, employees, and communities are at the core of everything we do. Join us as we provide our customers with solutions, not just products. We believe in teamwork and empowering high performers who are committed to our mission while achieving personal and professional success.
The Credit Analyst provides detailed analysis of the commercial loans. Responsibilities include developing and applying risk management techniques to identify risk in the portfolio including analyzing financial statements, preparing commercial loan packages, preparing materials for loan committees, and providing additional support to the commercial lending staff. The Analyst monitors movements in the portfolio, identifies adverse changes and makes recommendations based on current quality and projected economic conditions.
- Prepares commercial loan write-ups for new loan requests and renewals to assist the commercial lending staff in evaluating the credit worthiness of the customer
- Performs credit analysis and processes renewals within accepted bank designated guidelines
- Analyzes the financial information of commercial loan customers, which includes pulling credit reports and the spreading of financial statements and tax returns
- Participates in internal and external credit training, mentoring and leadership development
- Attends and completes cross training in various departments related to commercial lending in the bank
- Handles weekly loan committee tasks
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related business field
- Minimum of 6 accounting or finance hours
- Strong proficiency in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Visio; basic keyboarding and calculator skills;
- Must be able to perform advanced math and carry out complex written instructions
- Lifting in an office setting may be required up to 30lbs
Equal Opportunity Employer