The Credit Analyst II provides full service to Commercial Loan Officers statewide, through analyzing basic commercial loan requests, identifying strengths and weaknesses, providing recommendations, and noting any deviations from the Commercial Loan Policy as appropriate. Also provides loan monitoring services to the Lending Staff.
- Credit investigation of the borrower and guarantors;
- Economic and market conditions as they relate to the company, industry, and market area;
- In-depth historical financial analysis, including communicating with the borrower’s accountant to gain a better understanding of the company’s accounting practices;
- In-depth projection financial analysis, including the performance of “what if” scenarios that test the reasonableness of the projections;
- In-depth analysis of the secondary sources of repayment such as collateral;
- In-depth analysis of a guarantor’s financial position.
- Identifies borrower's strengths and weaknesses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required. Accounting or Finance degree strongly preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in credit analysis required, preferably in commercial loans.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets via Microsoft Office products as well as custom applications and systems.
- Excellent analytical, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative, accountability, and attention to detail.
About the Company
At PlainsCapital Bank, we’ve always had a trailblazing spirit. PlainsCapital Bank was founded in 1988 by current Chairman and CEO Alan B. White and a group of young bankers who dreamed of bringing relationship banking to their hometown of Lubbock, Texas. With the acquisition of Plains National Bank, a Lubbock financial institution with one branch and $198.8 million, they began growing the bank one relationship at a time.
Today, PlainsCapital Bank is one of the largest banks in Texas based on deposit market share. We have a statewide presence with more than 65 locations in all major Texas markets. We are a strong and stable financial institution and a trusted community partner. We take pride in helping our customers blaze trails of their own, whether launching or expanding a business, raising a family, or moving into retirement. Our diverse range of services includes commercial banking, treasury management, private banking, and wealth management, as well as consumer banking.
To learn more, please visit us online at plainscapital.com/about.