H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: St. Paul, MN
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Credit Analyst who has primary responsibility for customer risk assessment, marginal risk mitigation, and escalated collection action for assigned accounts in order to minimize bad debt expense, maximize sales, and optimize accounts receivable turnover. This position also supports monthly reporting and accounting for Credit & Accounts Receivable as assigned by the Manager or Supervisor.
The Credit Analyst has responsibilities in several areas including customer risk assessment, order holds, escalation of collection issues, support for accounts receivable, and other projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assesses customer credit condition based on company experience, sales input, agency reports, and financial/bank status.
- Assigns risk ratings and establishes credit limits within authority level or recommends limits that exceed authority.
- Collaborates with sales and customers to mitigate marginal risk situations and escalates to Manager/Supervisor when appropriate.
- Meets 2-3 times per year with Business Directors and Finance Partners to review marginal risks and mitigation options.
- Ensure timing of risk assessments are within established service agreements.
- Address customer orders held systematically for over limit and aging conditions with appropriate H.B. Fuller resource—Manager, Customer Service, Sales, or Customer based on the issues and scope of the exposure.
- Updates credit risk assessment and recommends changes in credit limits in response to changes in sales volumes.
- Works promptly and closely with Sales and Customer Service to avoid unnecessary delays for customer orders.
- Determines appropriate next steps for collection action after Credit Specialists have executed routine follow up without success.
- Collaborates with Sales and business clients to determine approach with customers for delinquency and future orders.
- Recommends options and/or escalates delinquency issues to Senior Analyst or Manager for complex issues (payment agreements, insolvencies, placements).
- Execute queries and assemble established reports for department management reporting or audit processes.
- Respond to audit inquiries and provide support for controls, reports, or transactions as needed.
- Provide back up support for Manager/Supervisor and other Credit Analysts as needed.
- Business travel experience (1-2 trips per quarter) for credit conferences and customer visits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting required.
- 1 years commercial collection experience and evaluating credit for business to business (B2B).
- Ability to understand financial statement analysis in a commercial setting.
- CBA Credit Certification preferred but not required..
- Intermediate level or greater computer skills.
- SAP A/R System experience preferred but not required.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
This position is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended and stoop. Employees regularly lift up to 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.