Enhance the administrative and accounting services in order to improve operational efficiency with better processes for internal controls, financial analysis and reporting.
Responsibilities include hands-on activities for the provision of proper and timely collection and reconciliation of customer receivable balances.
- Perform accounts receivable collection in accordance with credit and collection procedures and metrics
- Review aged trial balance reports and maintain customer contact as to collection efforts
- Prepare and record notes as to the result of customer contacts
- Research customer deductions, send statements and letters as required
- Support inter-company sales staff on issues regarding credit holds, credit limits and payment terms.
- Monitor credit hold portal for release of orders
- Process credit card payments as required and send credit card receipt/invoice to customer
- Maintain the integrity of all customer accounts assuring the Accounts Payable and Billing information is accurate
- Submit requests for credits on invoice discrepancies
- Send POD’s to customers upon request
- Enter customer invoices on website portal as required
- Researching payment application
May be modified from time to time. Other duties, tasks and work may be assigned as required.
- Ability to work in a team and results oriented environment.
- Competitive personality with a drive to exceed goals.
- Advanced problem solving and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment
- Ability to multi –task coupled with strong organizational skills.
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude with the ability to communicate and establish relationships with customers effectively is required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong Computer proficiency
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving abilities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Further degree study preferred but not required
- Previous commercial credit and collections experience