The Credit Loss Allowance SeniorFinancial Analyst will support completion of credit analytics,reporting, and documentation as required to support allowance recommendationsand present recommendations to executive management for their assignedportfolios. Documentation will incorporate management views on factorsaffecting reserve estimates and address model validation, audit, and regulatoryrequirements. Key capabilities are ability to execute and troubleshootprocesses that assimilate data and forecasts from multiple sources andportfolios, and knowledge of financial accounting and lending concepts.
Develop and executereporting routines to support reporting and analysis of the Allowance forCredit Loss (ACL) credit reserves and provision expense
- Update documentation and reporting to communicate procedures and outcomes for financial results, regulatory reporting, capital analysis, and other risk management and financial reporting functions.
- Develop analytics and procedures to support calculation, reporting, and forecasting of loan loss allowance components. Ensure results are consistent with accounting standards and management loss expectations.
- Execute SOX control processand retain key evidence to support GL entries and financial reporting schedulesrelated to allowance and credit statistics. Review certain calculations andreports with internal and external audit.
- Ensure appropriate process design and documentation (i.e., model validation, testing, maintenance, detective review controls). Ensure model limitations and qualitative risks are understood and addressed in the overall allowance framework.
- Collect credit information from various internal and external systems that support calculation, reporting, and forecasting of loan loss allowance components.
- Investigate and report oncredit quality levels and trends.
Example projects:Work with Credit Risk Management to developappropriate benchmarks for portfolio level reserve evaluation; Review ModelValidation observations and manage response planning / disposition.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Seven to ten years of applicable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Finance, Accounting, Economics, orInformation Systems), or equivalent work experience
- 7 to 10 years of experience in credit analysis or financial reporting
- Creative problem solver with the ability to develop processes andsystems using conceptualizing, reasoning, and interpretation skills. Solutionsrequire a thorough understanding of issues affecting credit performance andcredit model limitations
- Solid understanding of statistical concepts.
- Competency with data querying languages and analytical software,including SAS
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and/or PowerPoint skills
- Resourceful problem solver, with ability to identify and correctreporting issues
- Experience in risk management, credit underwriting, or credit reporting
- Advanced degree or certification in finance, accounting, riskmanagement or relevant field
- Direct experience with Allowance for Credit Losses
- Previous experience building or evaluating roll rate, vintage, orprobabilistic models
- Significant experience in credit analysis, accounting, and/or financialreporting
Risk/Compliance/QC/Audit/FraudMinnesota-MN-Minneapolis1st - Daytime