The Credit Manager will ensure robust processes around customer billing and collection activities and partner with business resources to ensure on time accurate customer communication, collection strategies and securing the company’s assets and rights. In addition the position will ensure compliance with company guidelines and metrics.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Establish Billing and Credit processes for consistency across regions.
- Inform Management of significant Billing or Credit issues.
- Responsible for the analysis of financial information on new and existing customers to maximize sales and to limit the risk of bad debt loss. Review and evaluate credit applications for approval, establishing credit limits and risk categories. Establish credit limits for customers and monitors orders released by staff.
- If required, approve over credit limit to existing customers after conducting analysis to ensure that company exposure is minimized.
- Oversee the review and process of customer requests for credit, cash application, aging of accounts and collection procedures.
- Manage the Credit Hold System, prepare and send reports on a timely basis, monitor input from Sales Team.
- Review NOAD system and reports to assure prompt resolutions.
- Approve Sales Tax Exemption documents and credits for Sales Tax.
- Report on accounts receivable balances and delinquency status.
- Develop collections procedures to reduce days sales outstanding, past due percentages and improve cash flow.
- Report on regional Cash Projections.
- Preserve lien and bond rights on all accounts that present risk of loss.
- Ensure the prompt turnover of accounts receivable and minimizes the days sales outstanding (DSO) as well as bad debt loss. Interfaces with customers and senior management.
- Establish credit review procedures for staff to conduct credit investigations through contacting credit organizations, banks and other trade references/reports.
- Prepare Bad Debt Reserve Analysis and accrual recommendation and review with Head of Finance and CFO.
- Approve write off of delinquent debt.
- Monitor the billing process.
- Manage credit collections process.
- Manage cash on delivery process.
- Prepare State Sales Tax Audit reports and internal audit reports.
- Prepare annual budget for cash flow and DSO.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- Reports to the Head of Finance
- This is a highly visible position as part of the regional leadership team and requires close coordination with the regional sales team and shared services functions.
- Close liaison with Regional Sales and central Finance team to ensure cash collection forecasting is closely managed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor’s/Undergraduate Degree
Additional Education Preferred: Master’s/Graduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Business, Accounting, or Finance
Required Work Experience: 10-15 years
Required Training/Certifications: Association of Credit and Collections Professionals Training/Courses Preferred
Required Computer and Software Skills: MS Office, Google Suite, SAP
Travel Requirements: 20% - 50% mostly in the region
- Proven leadership, project management and analytical skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze business conditions and build partnerships across functions.
- Ability to be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization.
- Effective communication and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage.
- Strong customer focus and sense of urgency to business needs.