The Credit Manager position is responsible for the portfolio management of the commercial lending activities and trade credit approval for McKesson US Pharmaceutical. This includes managing a staff in the underwriting, structuring and closing of commercial loans for the retail pharmacy industry, as well as maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio. The manager will maintain an appropriate balance between credit quality and loan growth by keeping business development and credit risk in appropriate balance. Position will be based in Las Colinas, Irving, Texas.
- Leads and inspire a team of credit professionals to achieve corporate credit objectives.
- Manages analyst team in analyzing all necessary financial statement data and other relevant information to determine potential borrower’s credit worthiness before making a loan decision or recommending a loan for consideration by senior management.
- Collaborates with internal partners to develop a loan structure that meets the client’s objectives and adequately protects the organization. Ensures that loan documentation is complete, accurate and as approved.
- Manages and prepares comprehensive credit review and summary recommendation for each loan on a regular schedule to include but not limited to: detailed analysis of financial statements, detailed collateral analysis, detailed analysis of debt service and covenant compliance, review of credit risk rating, borrower/Guarantor analysis and assessment of other lending risks
- Reviews performance against original underwriting expectations
- Responsible for reporting on the overall portfolio, including and not limited to industry and market analysis, reserves and non-performing loan analysis
- Identify potential enhancements to improve credit and reduce risk for the loan(s) and the portfolio
- Makes trade credit decisions (non-lending) on accounts with credit limits to $1M and recommendations to management for larger trade credit amounts reaching $2B. Ensure periodic review of key customers in adherence with Sox Compliance and credit review guidelines.
- Performs management responsibilities to include coaching, training and managing staff performance; staying current on credit and lending regulations and ensuring compliance
- Responsible for understanding, complying with, creating and recommending updates to the policies and procedures related to the Portfolio Management and Credit functions.
- Cultivates strong partnerships with sales team, credit, customer service, and accounts receivable to monitor and carry out credit policies and procedures.
- 7+ years of credit and lending work experience with 3+ years of management experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with exposure to customers and internal sales teams.
- Detailed knowledge of processing, underwriting and closing procedures
- Good knowledge of credit related laws.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Well-developed skills in the following categories are critical to success in this role:
- Experience in business lending, including credit analysis, due diligence and loan documentation
- Proficiency in analyzing and summarizing financials statements
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, team and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Excellent skills in managing multiple task requiring strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate and function professionally with all levels of personnel and business partners across the organization
- Computer aptitude, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs, and other database software.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field required.
- M.B.A. degree preferred.
Internal Use Only: Career level M3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!