Credit Finance Manager
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The Credit Finance Manager is responsible for handling all planning, budgeting, and forecasting for the Credit Department for Private label credit cards, third party cards, debit cards, gift cards, checks, and other alternate forms of payment.
- Responsible for all aspects of the budgeting process, month end close/reporting and variance analysis/explanation for the Credit Department
- Prepares reports and analysis for Sr. Management regarding performance of key areas within the Credit Department
- Responsible for partnering with our third party JCP credit card provider to understand all elements flowing into our gainshare agreement including: PLCC performance, Dual Card performance, and operational expenses
- Works with our third-party credit provider and JCP IT to resolve JCP card related financial issues affecting POS – promo financing, etc.
- Conducts ad hoc analysis as needed to improve department as well as program performance and overall goal achievement
- Develops and leads the Credit Senior Specialist and embrace a growth mindset, while fostering teamwork
- Works across multiple business, including but not exclusive to stores, jcp.com, marketing, finance and IT
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting, MBA preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of Finance/FP&A/Accounting experience
- Very strong Microsoft excel and access skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships within the Credit Team, across business lines, and with outside partners
- Managing a team of associates preferred
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.