To manage the credit recovery learning lab by assisting students in using the instructional technology system, supporting teachers in student scheduling of the lab, and communicating student progress to teachers.
Education/Certification: Must meet one of the following
- A High School Diploma and 48 hours of higher education
- An Associate’s degree or above
- Successful completion of Training of Paraprofessionals provided by Regional Service Center
- 6+ months experience working for Public or Private School (preferred)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Passion for children
- Ability and patience to work interactively with children
- Basic knowledge of federal and state education laws
- Computer literate
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Able to learn and implement teaching curriculum software programs and instruct students on utilization
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to follow directions from multiple teachers and follow an assigned schedule
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and state and local board policy.
- Assist the teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Work with individual students or small groups to conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher.
- Assist with the administration and scoring of objective testing instruments.
- Assist in supervising students throughout the school day both inside and outside the building.
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Assist in maintaining a neat and orderly classroom.
- Assist in inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist the teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.
- Participate in in-service training programs, faculty meetings, and special events, as needed.
- Supervise students in the cafeteria.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.