CREDIT RISK ANALYST
Coral Springs, Florida
Position Description Overview
- Perform the underwriting and verification functions for the new merchant account applications.
- Perform credit analysis and underwriting activities for prospective commercial accounts using credit evaluation guidelines.
- Assess fraud and credit risk exposure.
- Review financial statements and credit reports (business and personal) to assess the credit worthiness of prospective clients.
- Prepare underwriting documents for management review on accounts exceeding standard risk thresholds.
- Negotiate collateral and/or other risk mitigation instruments as needed.
- Interface regularly with Alliance Bank partners.
- Coordinate risk assessment and mitigation efforts with other areas of the business such as Sales, Compliance, Legal, Operations, Client Services, etc.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- This position requires one to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors.
- Performs credit analysis and underwriting activities, evaluating financial position and credit worthiness, for prospective and existing commercial/merchant/portfolio accounts
- Maintains and reviews current information on existing accounts
- Reviews credit history to assess credit worthiness of new prospective clients.
- Ensures a balanced risk and revenue tradeoff consistent with credit policy and loss target expectations.
- Investigates the processing activity on accounts that have exceeded the parameters set in our risk management system and make a real time decision if the account is conducting business in a fraudulent manner or in a way that increases the credit exposure to First Data and its partners.
- Investigations include the gathering of data from various sources & systems and interpreting the data.
- A successful analyst must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment and be able to make real time / accurate decisions.
- The analyst must also be able to communicate effectively and professionally with Law Enforcement, Visa, MasterCard, Attorneys, Merchant Business Owners, and credit card customers who make purchases at our clients business.
Scope of Job
Exercises credit authority of up to $50K. Limited direct impact to financial strategy and activities. Performs moderately to high complex tasks. Position requires some evaluation or ingenuity. Time management skills are a must as well as good communication skills and negotiation ability. Ability to understand and apply risk management concepts; collect and analyze exposure and loss data, respond efficiently and effectively to internal and external requests. Maintain current knowledge of industry and professional topics by attending relevant training sessions. May mitigate over $2.5 million in risk in a one year period.
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 2-4 years credit analysis experience or equivalent.
- Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of basic risk management practices.
- Requires good communication (written and verbal)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Highly organized and have the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple responsibilities effectively without losing attention to detail.
- Risk Management
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Long Term Disability
- Professional Development
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Military Leave
- Donation-Matching Program
- On Site Cafeteria
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts